Adaptations in the Social Rented Sector

If you live in council or housing association property which does not meet your needs you should ask your social work department for an assessment of your needs. Once the assessment has been carried out and the council has recommend ways to make life easier for you, your local authority or housing association should agree to carry out any recommended adaptations at no cost to you. You should ask for confirmation of this in writing.

You should agree the detail of the work with your landlord and your Occupational Therapist to ensure that the adaptation will meet your needs.

Video transcript:


Share this