Homeless Accommodation

If you have been refused homeless accommodation after presenting as homeless and you are homeless (as opposed to threatened with homelessness) you should seek urgent legal advice as you may be entitled to raise judicial review proceedings to obtain temporary homeless accommodation.

If you are told in writing by the local authority that you are not homeless or that you have made yourself intentionally homeless or alternatively that the offer of permanent accommodation that you have been made is reasonable, you are at risk of losing temporary homeless accommodation. You have 21 days to challenge this decision and you are entitled to seek legal advice to do so.

If you disagree that the permanent accommodation being offered is reasonable, the prudent course of action would be to accept the accommodation but to submit a review of the decision that it is reasonable accommodation within the 21 days. If you are unhappy with the review decision maker's decision you may be able to raise judicial review proceedings in court.

Video transcript:


Share this