Alteration of Shared Areas

If you wish to alter areas which are used by your neighbours, such as widening a common staircase, you will need to obtain permission from the owners of all properties that have the right to use the area which you wish to alter. If in doubt, seek legal advice before altering or adapting areas which other people use.

Video transcript:


Share this