Human Rights Act 1998

If you believe that a public authority, which can in some cases include private or charitable organisations where they carry out public functions, has breached your human rights you may be entitled to raise court proceedings under the Human Rights Act. In certain cases the court will award compensation if it finds a breach of the Act. There is a strict time limit of twelve months from the date of the alleged breach for taking such a case to court. It is therefore important to seek specialist legal advice as soon as possible.

Video transcript:


Share this