Discretionary Housing Payments

If you are getting Housing Benefit (HB) you may also be eligible for a discretionary housing payment (DHP). A local authority may pay you a DHP if:

• You are entitled to Housing Benefit, or Universal Credit (UC) that includes an element for rent, and

• The authority is satisfied that you need some financial assistance in addition to your HBt or UC to meet your housing costs.

Video transcript: