Who is exempt from the Bedroom Tax

You should be exempt from the bedroom tax if any one of the following is true:

• You have, or your partner has, reached pension credit age, or

• You live in a shared ownership property, or

• You are in temporary homeless accommodation, or

• You are in supported accommodation, where the provider of the accommodation is a housing association or a registered charity or a voluntary organisation, and where the provider of the accommodation (or someone on the provider's behalf) also provides you with care, support or supervision.

Video transcript:


Share this