Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) deals with complaints about Scottish public bodies previously dealt with by the Scottish Parliamentary Ombudsman, the Local Government Ombudsman for Scotland and the Housing Association Ombudsman for Scotland. You simply write to the Ombudsman and ask them to investigate your complaint, although you must go through the formal complaints procedures before you ask Scottish Public Services Ombudsman to investigate your complaint.

Once you have completed the organisation's complaints procedure, and if you remain unhappy, you can contact the SPSO to ask if they can consider your complaint. If you are not sure if you have completed the complaints procedure, you should check with the organisation being complained about.

Video transcript:


Share this